FOCI – Federation of Construction Industry, formerly FEDERATION OF BUILDING AND CIVIL ENGINEERING CONTRACTORS IN NIGERIA (FOBACEC) started its evolution when a group of contractors came together in 1954 to subscribe to the memorandum and Articles of Association.
They were wholly foreign-owned construction companies of the day, namely:
- Cappa D'Alberto Ltd.
- Costain (W.A) Ltd.
- Borini Prono & Company Ltd.
- H.E.B. Greene & Co (Nig.) Limited
- G.Cappa Nigeria Ltd.
- Poletti Brother Nigeria Ltd.
- Richard Costain Ltd., and
- Taylor Woodrow (West Africa) Ltd